John Quinn, Canadian professional wrestler, Died at 78

Professional wrestler John Quinn was born on October 15, 1941, and died on April 22, 2019.

He was a Canadian professional wrestler.

Quinn was popular for his appearances in the World Wide Wrestling Federation (WWWF) under the ring name The Kentucky Butcher in the late-1960s, where he tested then WWWF World Heavyweight Champion Bruno Sammartino on a few events, including a 1968 headliner at Madison Square Garden.

Notwithstanding his appearances in the WWWF, he performed under his original name for North American territorial advancements including NWA All-Star Wrestling, Pacific Northwest Wrestling and Stampede Wrestling from the mid-1960s to mid-1970s.

Amid his later vocation, Quinn likewise showed up in European and Japanese associations from the 1970s until the late 1980s.

A well known “heel” in Great Britain amid this time, Quinn held the British World Heavyweight Championship a record multiple times somewhere in the range of 1980 and 1986.

A local of Hamilton, Ontario, Quinn was acquired as a competing accomplice for Whipper Billy Watson’s wrestling camp.

Inspired by Quinn, he was welcomed by Watson to join his visit in Ontario amid the mid-year.

Later preparing under Al Spittles, he, in the end, made his presentation in 1961 wrestling for advertiser Larry Kasaboski in northern Ontario.

For the following couple of years, he wrestled under various ring names as he visited Canada and the United States including Marcel LeMay, Danny Dubois, Jack Clay, and The Masked Spoiler.

In mid-1965, Quinn started wrestling in the World Wide Wrestling Federation as Virgil the Kentucky Butcher crushing Arnold Skaaland amid a TV taping at the National Arena in Washington, DC on January 18, 1965, just as vanquishing Skaaland and Wes Hutchinson soon thereafter.

Soon thereafter, he came back to Ontario and cooperated with Wes Hutchins as the Masked Yankees in Frank Tunney’s Maple Leaf Wrestling.

They before long moved to the highest point of the label group division crushing Emile Dupree and Paul DeMarco and Sweet Daddy Siki and Tony Parisi among others before enduring a preclusion misfortune to Whipper Billy Watson and “Ruler” Athol Layton on December 26, 1965.

Winning the empty NWA International Tag Team Championship on January 9, their inevitable thrashing by Billy Watson and Bulldog Brower in Toronto, Ontario on July 10 was one of the most elevated illustration matches of the year with 7,500 in participation

In the years after his retirement, he worked in an assortment of employment running from a worker, cab driver, and truck driver to inn and eatery proprietorship. At a certain point, Quinn was in sick wellbeing anyway he would in the long run recuperate.

Staying uninvolved in expert wrestling for just about 20 years, he showed up at Twister’s Gym at the Abbotsford Agri-reasonable facilitated by Top Ranked Wrestling in July 2005.

Amid the occasion, a tribute show was held in Quinn’s respect and he was exhibited a plaque by the coordinators.

He was the cousin of Pat Quinn, previous head mentor of the Toronto Maple Leafs.

Quinn passed away at 78 years old.