Richard Dickson Cudahy, born on February 2, 1926 and died September 22, 2015, he was a United States federal judge.
Born in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Cudahy received a B.S. from the United States Military Academy at West Point, New York in 1948, and a J.D. from Yale Law School in 1955.
Richard was a Lieutenant in the United States Army Air Corps from 1948 to 1951.
He was a law clerk, Hon. Charles Edward Clark, Second Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals from 1955 to 1956.
Richard was an Assistant to legal advisor, U.S. Department of State from 1956 to 1957.
He was in private practice in Chicago, Illinois from 1957 to 1960. He was a President and C.E.O., Patrick Cudahy, Inc., Cudahy and Milwaukee, Wisconsin from 1961 to 1971.
Richard returned to private practice in Milwaukee in 1972, serving also as a member and chairman of the Wisconsin Public Service Commission from 1972 to 1975, then continuing his private practice in Washington, DC from 1976 to 1979.
He also taught, as a lecturer at Marquette University Law School from 1961 to 1966, as a visiting professor of law at the University of Wisconsin Law School from 1966 to 1967, and as a lecturer at the George Washington University Law School from 1976 to 1979.
On May 22, 1979, Cudahy was nominated by President Jimmy Carter to a new seat on the United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit created by 92 Stat. 1629, 1632.
Richard was confirmed by the United States Senate on September 25, 1979, and received his commission on September 26, 1979. He assumed senior status on August 15, 1994.
Richard Dickson Cudahy died on September 22, 2015 at his home in Winnetka, Illinois.